With 600 Million monthly active users and more than 95 million photos and videos shared every day, Instagram has become one of the most popular social environments for people to share significant moments of their life.
Instagram is a 100% visual platform, and visuals work:
- 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual.
- We process visual information 60,000 times faster than text.
- 40% of people respond better to an image than 1,000 words.
- Visual content has been proven to drive over 2X more engagement than just text.
Instagram has also become one of the preferred sources of user-generated content for brands. The social network is filled with amazing content from consumers sharing moments at beach resorts, restaurants, coffee places, airports, sports venues, music festivals, shopping malls, etc.
But finding these pictures and videos to integrate them as part of a digital marketing campaign or brand’s digital properties is not always an easy task.
In an effort to simplify the work for brands and media to work with Instagram content, we’ve released a number of additions to our platform which will enable our clients to better manage content from Instagram and build engagement mechanics to activate consumers and audiences.
Real-time feed of Instagram posts tagged at a certain Location
Lots of great pictures or videos on Instagram are actually “hidden” to traditional filtering or listening tactics based on hashtags, because these pieces of content just don’t have any. But there’s something they do have: they are linked to a certain location.
So we have included a new Instagram filter which will let our customers collect in real-time posts tagged at a certain venue or location, even if these posts have no text added or no matching hashtags. You can add then apply additional text filtering to these posts, apply several curation rules to discard irrelevant or unsafe content and, when needed, ask for user permission to use it. User-generated geo-located content in minutes.
This is how it works: just add the new filter to a Flow and select one or more Locations.
(Learn how to Integrate instagram on your website here)
Expanded Instagram support for all our widgets
In addition to this new filter, we have also added Instagram support for all our widgets, providing our clients a wider and exciting range of possibilities to display content, build UGC-based marketing experiences and social data visualizations. With this expanded support, clients can now build:
- Leaderboards of Top Authors, showcasing the most active Instagram users behind a certain hashtag in a period of time.
- Counters of posts (total, per minute, per hour)
- Hashtag-based polls
- Flock-to-Unlock: encourage participants to post on Instagram with one or more hashtags to achieve a target of total posts to reveal a exclusive content, unlock a discount, etc.
- Rankings: show which topics or hashtags are trending on Instagram
With these new features, you now have 4 Instagram filters to help you unlock the power of this network and of UGC:
Stay connected for more news!